Watch this short film to see what it's like to work at Pedigree Wholesale Limited.
We are Pedigree Wholesale, and we supply independent retailers with their pet and aquatic product needs. We’re a family-owned business and have been since we were founded in 1972 when two brothers and their wives followed in their family’s footsteps of developing pet businesses. They used their big dreams and entrepreneurial spirit to set up a wholesale business delivering to pet shops in the local area, and Pedigree Wholesale was born. Whilst a lot has changed over the years, we are still true pet people; we love pets and are passionate about everything pet related. This love for pets drives us to offer pet owners the highest quality and best value products through retailers who care.
We partner with 2200+ customers, making an average of 4500 deliveries every 4-weeks on primarily our own fleet, which covers most of the UK.
Our mission is to be the wholesaler of choice for partners, suppliers and customers within the specialist pet and aquatic industry, supporting businesses by providing the best service and bringing them the best products. We offer a vast portfolio of great products, an industry-leading service, and we help our customers grow by sharing best practices and gaining insight.
Working closely with both customers and suppliers is a key part of our success. We strongly believe in only promising what we can deliver and organising our business with the retailer in mind. That’s why we treat our customers as business partners, not account numbers.
Please see our current vacancies listed below.
Shop Assistant, Walter Harrison & Sons, Racliffe on Trent
Reporting into the Management team you are responsible for exceeding our customers' expectations by delivering outstanding service throughout the store, ensuring that you always deliver the very highest standard of pet care and build strong working relationships within the store team and with our customers. You will actively seek to grow your knowledge and expertise for the benefit of our customers and their pets.
You'll exceed our customers' requirements by:
Welcoming every customer to the store.
- Approaching all customers, building rapport to establish their pet care requirements.
- Sharing your skills and knowledge with customers to help them provide the best possible care for their pets.
- Actively seeking opportunities to increase sales at all times.
- Completing sales correctly and efficiently at the till, and personally ensuring that every customer leaves the store with a fantastic farewell.
You'll maintain store presentation standards by:
- Replenishing stock to ensure full availability to meet our customers' shopping expectations.
- Ensuring the store is clean, tidy and safe all the time.
- Assist the management team in date checking, out of stocks, overstocks and general stock presentation.
- You'll ensure we are a responsible pet retailer by:
- Caring for our pets with respect and sensitivity.
- Making pets' needs your priority - even if it means refusing a sale.
- Promoting responsible pet ownership amongst your customers.
- Following company animal welfare policies.
You'll support your own development by:
- Building and developing your personal knowledge of the pets and products we sell in order to share this information with our customers and advise them effectively.
- Passion for animals and their welfare.
- A confident, positive and helpful attitude.
- A desire to genuinely get to know our customers and their pets, building strong relationships.
- Excellent customer focus and communication skills.
- The ability to confidently handle cash and card payments.
- A desire for continued training including product knowledge and pet welfare policies.
- The drive and determination to work equally well as part of a busy team and under your own initiative.
Pay and Benefits:
- Part time, permanent role, salary £10.42 per hour
- 7.5 hours per day, 4 days per week, including Saturday’s.
- Training and Development
- Workplace Wellbeing Initiative
- Profit related pay based on company profits.
- 28 days annual leave including Bank Holidays (pro rota)
- Pension Scheme after 2 months
- Access to Wagestream
- Instant access to a free, 24/7, confidential GP service for all Pedigree colleagues and their family
- Life insurance after 3 months
- Long service awards
- Company sick pay scheme
- Staff discount on Pet Products after 3 monthsycle to work scheme
- Annual flu jabs
PEDIGREE CORPORATE VISION & VALUES
Our passion for pets drives us to offer pet owners the highest quality, best value products through great retailers who care.
FOCUSED: We are focused where it matters most with an eye on the detail, quality, and impact of everything we do.
ACCOUNTABLE: We do the right thing and are willing to hold ourselves and each other accountable. Our integrity and transparency create a safe and healthy working environment.
CONNECTED: We are connected through open communication, a curiosity to understand more and we embrace our differences.
COMMITTED: We are committed to putting our customers first, supporting each other, our team, and the welfare of pets.
COURAGEOUS: We are courageous to challenge ourselves and each other to lead, learn, listen, change, and evolve.
PROUD: We are proud of our products, service, people and proud to work for Pedigree Wholesale Limited.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV to email@example.com